When you are experiencing pain anywhere, including pain in your shoulder, you just want it to stop. You want to know what’s causing it and what are your treatment options. And you want to know quickly.
The Center for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in Beverly Hills offers MSK (Musculoskeletal Ultrasound) in order to help diagnose your pain. This technology uses soundwaves, much like sonar, that radiate through your body and then bounce back once they hit something, such as tendons, muscles, and joints. These bounces are then put back together to form pictures of what’s inside your body. All of this is done in microseconds by the computer. Then, the doctor can look at your MSK ultrasound results and offer a concise diagnosis and treatment option.
SIDE EFFECTS OF MRIs
MRIs are the usual solution to seeing within the body. While there are many benefits to an MRI such as what MSK ultrasounds offer like seeing fat, water, muscle, and soft tissue, there are many side effects with MRIs as well:
- A long wait at your hospital for an appointment
- Exposure to a strong magnetic field that attracts metal objects
- Generates a loud noise that may harm your hearing
- Exposure to the energy from the machine can cause your body to heat up
- Must lie still for clear images to be taken, which is hard for small children and infants
- Can cause some people to feel claustrophobic
- Cannot be used by patients with an implanted medical device, such as a pacemaker, cochlear implants, or a stent.
Bottom line is MSK ultrasound is safer and carries less risks. You get the same or better quality images with musculoskeletal ultrasound, and you are in and out in no time.
TRY MUSCULOSKELETAL ULTRASOUND TODAY
Being in pain or on pain medications can affect your quality of life. Take the first step in regaining your health, and contact The Center for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for an appointment in Beverly Hills or Westlake Village today!